November Leaves

November 13, 2005

Not to repeat myself, as I've already posted about the Seattle fall color, but there are still many spots of brightness over a month later, which seemed blog-worthy. This is my view walking out the front door in the morning:



It's jaw-dropping, especially on a rainy morning when it practically seems to be glowing from within, it's so bright.

I don't remember these weeks of riotous color in Massachusetts. As I understand it, the brightness of the color is supposed to do with how hydrated the trees were and how fast the temperature dropped. It never seems to rain that much here to me, but I suppose that people keep things pretty well watered. And the temperature definitely dropped to the fifties and sixties nearly overnight, but then hasn't lowered too much since then -- perhaps that helps the trees hold their leaves? Any tree experts out there?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home