Composition with Bridal Shoes

May 09, 2007

I finally found shoes to go with my dress! This is a huge relief. I've been looking with increasing urgency for the last three months.



I finally went back to DSW and found these (the link is a picture of them with the hem of my dress). They're a shade whiter that I was picturing, but they're as comfortable as flats and will do the job. Given the lace at the hem of the dress, and the way the waist is structured, the only way to shorten it was to remove portions of the lace. With two inch heels, that wouldn't be an issue, so that was the length I needed. Other considerations: they needed to be comfortable, white or metallic, dressy, and not wedges (which are apparently madly fashionable right now).

I love (love!) the stacked wood heels, that they're not slippery or tippy, and all of the frippery (the bow, the lacing, the scalloped edges) seems appropriate to the occasion. Better yet, they show a pedicure, even if it's self-applied. :-)



I've gotten positive marks from both mothers and one bridesmaid. Even though the second bridesmaid hasn't responded yet, I'm feeling ready to cross one more thing off the list. Yay! On to get the dress bustled. :-)

PS. I also found a pair of backup shoes. They're silver and sort of clash (not that anyone would notice under that much netting...), but more importantly just didn't fit as well. I want something that I can stand in for eight hours.



*But* they're pretty with black capris. :-) (Admire, if you will, the mass of crinoline behind my legs in that photo...) And better yet, they were $25 at the Nordstrom rack. Between the fun mirror picture and my deep desire not to return to that store, looks like a bargain!


Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home