2nd and 3rd projects in two days

August 08, 2008

I seem (no pun intended) to be on quite the finishing kick. :-)

Here's a sweater (6-12 month size) for one of Kevin's cousins, who had a son in May.

It's been sitting since April, needing one shoulder seamed and a collar. I finished both in about two hours last night. Finally!! Here's the back (identical, but the neck comes up higher – click for big on this one – it's cute enough to be worth it):

I'm pretty much a fan. The shoulders in pattern were crummy – ugly, if functional, decreases – so I fixed them. The sleeves are actually wide enough I think, but they manage to crumple themselves down into skinny little things. I think that they'll actually look proportional on. I knit it using the new version of Cotton Ease -- probably not something I'll choose again, despite being a cotton enthusiast in general.

In other news, I've been almost done with these fingerless mitts for over a year – just needed the seams up the sides. Less than ten inches of sewing later, I can finally present a set of entralac mitts, made with a pattern I concocted. Fun. :-)

And palm-side:

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home