Hidden Wells quilt

October 27, 2008

I finally finished the Daybed Quilt!!




I finished sewing the trim on Tuesday night, and then spent Wednesday night and the last few minutes before James and Thanh arrived on Thursday sewing in all of the thread ends from the quilting. I washed it (to removed all of the starch, and to give it that wrinkly look), and it was finished in time for their stay. Yay!

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. The trim, especially, is gorgeous to me, and really frames the quilt well. Here's the top:



And here's the back:



You can see the quilting pretty well (especially if you click for big), and I got another closeup picture of the quilting in the sunshine:




The pattern for this was Hidden Wells. My full log of blog posts is here. It was a slightly unusual project because it reminds me of so many other people. I bought the fabric with a Christmas gift certificate from Kevin's sister, I started starching and piecing all of the fabric when Amanda, Brian and Lily were here, and the color combo now makes me think of Kevin's mom because she was so enthusiastic about it. It's neat to have all of those associations. :-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home