Layette, part one

March 04, 2009

These photos are already two weeks old, but I finally finished and blocked the first baby sweater. Ready? Awww:



I found the pattern on Ravelry, and made some adjustments (changed gauge from Worsted to DK, added the stripes). The construction was completely confusing to me at first (I was having trouble figuring out from the photos how the side slits and ties worked), but I really like the end result.



It took a few tries to get my tension right on the diagonal lace – it wasn't very stretchy, I was knitting in cotton (which is non-elastic), and the color changes complicated the issue – but I finally got the hang of it and it looks great after blocking.
Here's the back:




This set of photos is finally accurate on the color. The vinegar washes appear to have done the trick to prevent bleeding (knock on wood).

The pattern called this a 6 month size but it looks so small. We'll see? Now it can just be tucked away to wait for next fall.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home