On your mark...

May 30, 2009

Before we left for our trip, I finally went out and found fabric for the bento box baby quilt I've been mulling. I found two spools of ribbon that seemed like ideal color inspiration: lemon, lime, turquoise and light blue.




I'm delighted with my fabrics for the front.




And I love my back fabrics, too, (shown here with the iron for size reference) but the jury is still out whether they are too saturated. My thought was that I’d make little orange and yellow nine-patch grids scattered across the blue, but it may be too bright. I'm thinking that I'll make up both the front and back and if it's not working in combination then I can sub in a lighter color for the back panel.




The fabric is all ironed and waiting for me to start cutting -- I can't wait to see it come together.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home