New Project!

February 06, 2005

For Christmas, Kevin's gift to me was a day in Seattle: brunch, yarn stores(!), reading at the library, dinner, dessert & drinks. We went in last Saturday for the first half of the day (we're saving the rest for another weekend -- perhaps also do the aquarium before dinner?), which was wonderful. After intense deliberation all week, I ended up picking Bomber (wish it had a different name!) from Rowan's Denim People. The project in my mind's eye was initially supposed to have more cables, but I couldn't find quite the right pattern. I'm waiting on Mariah until I can see a finished one in person, Georgie (to be knit sans-weird-neck-tie) is knit on #2 and #3s -- daunting, I like this Debbie Bliss number but there's no way I'd pay $16 for it, etc... So, Bomber wasn't quite what I was envisioning, but it's utterly grown on me.

Instead of making it in Rowan Denim (which I've heard mixed reviews of), I'm using Cascade Sierra (color #03) which is every bit as lovely as I've heard it would be. I forgot to ask about winding the balls in the store, so here are the hand-wound skeins...



So pretty!

The ribbing isn't wearing on me yet, though I'm sure it will start to eventually. For the first time ever, I've been having a lot of trouble keeping my stitches even across the row. It's a k3 p2 repeat and the last knit stitch of each rib is invariably huge. I've been trying to pull that and the first purl stitch tight, but it's still a bit uneven. Any tips?

I finally broke down and bought a row counter and I love it. The pattern has increases every twenty rows, and for the first time ever I'm not constantly counting from the start to remember where I am. Yay for labor-saving devices... Here's the first 53 rows of the back:


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home