Week One Results

September 12, 2006

After all of the heckling I get every time a fish post makes its way onto the blog, I wasn't exactly expecting fantasy football to be a winner of a topic. Apparently, though, I am not the first knitter to like football, and the response has been all sorts of positive. So, it looks like I have a topic for Tuesdays. :-)

I won week one, 58-43, despite the worst efforts of Mr. Alexander... My team, with the assorted points they earned:
QB
Daunte Culpepper, Mia 3
RUNNING BACKS
RB Shaun Alexander, Sea 3
RB/WR Laurence Maroney, NE 8
RECEIVERS
WR Terrell Owens, Dal 14
WR Santana Moss, Was 8
TE L.J. Smith, Phi 5
DEFENSE
D/ST Seahawks 12
KICKER
K Jason Elam, Den 5
BENCH
RB T.J. Duckett, Was 0
RB Marion Barber, Dal 2
RB Brian Calhoun, Det 0
WR Deion Branch, NE 0
WR Reggie Brown, Phi 8
WR Keyshawn Johnson, Car 4
D/ST Patriots 6
QB Kerry Collins, Ten 4

Clearly Shaun Alexander was the lemon of the weekend. (Here's hoping that he gets his act together and that Walter Jones stays/gets well, or this may become a frequent lament.) Culpepper wasn't amazing, especially since he passed off touchdown runs instead of throwing them, but our league rules are difficult for quarterbacks. Maroney did a great job for his opening game. (Yay, rookies. Yay, Patriots.) T.O. did exactly what I hoped he would, though if he'd been showing up to practice and Drew Bledsoe had any idea how fast he could run, his numbers would have been much better. I'm worried that Bledsoe won't stay healthy and TO's numbers will drop (and Marion Barber's would too, which would hurt the bench.) The Seahawks defense was awesome. And Deion Branch got traded to Seattle (woot!) so not only will the local team benefit, but he's matched with a great quarterback and should start delivering points in a week or two. Sweet.

And, to mollify the knittings who couldn't care about football, here's what I spent the games working on:



Coasters to match the new(ish) couch. :-) The round ones are from my standard knitting at knoon pattern, and I have a mitered square on the needles. The yarn is Cascade 220, of course. I'll felt them after I finish a second square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home