Week 5

October 09, 2007

I'm a good month behind on the fantasy football season, but I've finally gone back and added in the recaps for weeks 1-4. To sum, the first two games were disappointing losses, the third was a tie that I lost due to Drew Brees, and last week, I had my first win. This week was another (yay!), 77-52.

This week, I decided to pick up a new tight end, who has earned himself a spot, especially given how well he did against the Colts. Nice! Jason Campbell had his first start, and he proved himself -- for the first time ever, my QB is the week's high scorer. (Drew Brees was relegated to pondering his recent debacles from the bench.) Deion Branch got hurt in the 2nd quarter -- that could be a hit next week, since he's been so consistent recently. At least Daunte Stallworth finally had a good week. Regardless, I'm worried about my wide receivers. The Patriots D was great, and it says a lot about my kicker that 10 points doesn't seem particularly praiseworthy. Another iffy game for Marion Barber, though he barely touched the ball until the second half of the 4th quarter, and then he was awesome. It was also a fun game to watch, especially for the final minutes.

The injuries are definitely starting to pile up. Damon Huard had a shoulder thing, Deion Branch's foot is out for two weeks, my promising bench-riding RB Michael Pittman is out for 6-8, and despite his 13 points, Daunte Stallworth is still marked as having knee problems. Hang in there, guys!

QB
QB Jason Campbell, Was 19
RUNNING BACKS
RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD 13
RB Marion Barber, Dal 6
RECEIVERS
WR Deion Branch, Sea 1
WR Muhsin Muhammad, Chi 1
TE Alex Smith, TB 12
DEFENSE
D/ST Patriots 15
KICKER
K Matt Stover, Bal10
BENCH
QB Drew Brees, NO 6
QB Damon Huard, KC 3
RB Michael Pittman, TB 1
RB Tony Hunt, Phi (BYE) 0
WR Donte' Stallworth, NE 13
WR Reggie Brown, Phi (BYE) 0
WR Marty Booker, Mia 4
K Stephen Gostkowski, NE10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home