A quilting sky

April 11, 2006

The Olympics were amazing on the drive home on Friday, to the point that even though I had ice cream and milk in the trunk, I had to take a detour up to the nearest hill and stop for pictures (Which of course didn't do the scene justice, but I tried.). It's rare that you can see so much depth in the mountains. It didn't completely come out in the picture, but there were about seven visible layers of hills in front. It looked like a watercolor, with a thick purple line at the top of the mountain, which bled down into a hazy violet that the next closest mountain contrasted against.



Between the purple mountains and the gold sky above them (the colors, incidentally, that I'm trying for in my quilt), it was worth a bit of melting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home