Sharing yarn

June 23, 2006

Our yarn swap on Wednesday was lots of fun. I had very little to contribute, but was very delighted to find some very pretty yarns.
First, sock yarn from Suzanne! Lorna's Laces in a colorway I've been admiring for months, and a skein of Knit Picks' Shimmer that reminds me of violets. :-) How pretty! I'm so excited.



Then, a skein of Noro's Lotus, which is not my usual yarn type or color preference, but it was speaking to me so I bought it from Juli. I love the contrasting shiny bit that threads through it. Very lovely. Perhaps it's destined to be accents on a slouchy bag? I have to ponder it a bit.



Then, I had 3 extra skeins of Madil All Seasons from my 2-skein Branching Out (due to wild overestimation of the yarn required), which Pam offered to trade this for:



It's 1620 yards of light brown 4.5 st/in machine washable wool. (I didn't include the other 9 skeins in the photo). She said that it had been lurking in her stash for years. It's definitely not my typical color, but it's been appealing to me since she left, so I'm curious to see what pattern jumps out for it. Perhaps something with a shawl collar?

Great fun. :-) Yay for new yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home